Hot!How do I ping my chip in MPLAB X?

Author
sillydan
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
2021/02/26 00:52:05 (permalink)

How do I ping my chip in MPLAB X?

Hello,

Super newbie question here. I just received my Explorer 16/32 board and PIC32MX570F512L PIM, and all I want is to confirm a connection via the USB C connection by downloading the hex file that is on the chip from the factory (it is some weird program that sets the LEDs on the board to seemingly random values).

MPLAB X is a mess for new users. I have the XC32 compiler installed, but I can't create a new project for my target chip because _"the compiler is not installed"_... How do I simply connect to the explorer 16/32 board and download the firmware on the chip?

As I am using Debian Linux (so I am using the linux version of MPLAB X), my "long term" goal is to reset the chip and fuses, so that I can connect a JTAG debugger/programmer to the board instead and use OpenOCD as my primary programmer tool. But baby steps.

2 Replies Related Threads

sillydan
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re: How do I ping my chip in MPLAB X? 2021/02/26 07:45:12 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    This approval took a very long time... I found the solution: I had wrongfully installed the xc16 bit compiler instead, and I used the wrong usb port on the explorer 16/32 board.
    RISC
    • Total Posts : 6056
    Re: How do I ping my chip in MPLAB X? 2021/02/26 07:56:35 (permalink)
    2 (1)
    Hi,
    You may find this resource useful to get started on multiple subjects : https://microchipdeveloper.com
    Regards

For support make sure to check first here : http://microchipdeveloper.com
    There are hundreds of PIC, AVR, SAM...which one do YOU use ?
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5