Author
AlexPet
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2021/01/21 19:00:37 (permalink)

Legato gxl library issues, too much latency when change screen

Hallo
I Apologize for my bad english...
I've download last release of MHC (20.01.2021), and I'm using legato library to develop my project on a board with 
PIC32MZ2064DAR176. (with display 800x480, 24 bit)
To test my project I've created two screen with legato graphic composer; on every screen there are any buttons with buttons's images and a big image on the first screen (710x264pixels). I switch from the screen by graphics buttons.

My problem is that, when I push on button to create event to switch to the other screen, the screen is show with big latency (about 2-3 seconds).

I suppose the problem may be of reading images from memory: how can I tell to legato graphic composer to store images in DDR then uncompress to show, quicly, when need ? (with previous aria library, one click on "elaborate" on image assert was enough).

2 Replies Related Threads

MHGC
    • Total Posts : 259
    Re: Legato gxl library issues, too much latency when change screen 2021/01/26 12:51:24 (permalink)
    Hi,

I had asked you in another thread.  But I can see your information here.

Are you using double-buffering for your driver setup?

I do not recommend reverting to Aria.  Legato at gfx-v3.9.0 is at parity with all Harmony 3 Aria-supported devices.

The feature you are referring to is "image preprocessing".  Currently, the Legato middleware APIs are already available to support this feature.  You can see an example of how it is done with this demo application:
    https://microchip-mplab-harmony.github.io/gfx_apps_pic32mz_da/apps/legato_dashboard/firmware/legato_db_mzda_cu_tm5000.X/

The needle images are preprocessed by application code.  You can download this repo from Harmony Content Manager or from github directly:
    https://github.com/Microchip-MPLAB-Harmony/gfx_apps_pic32mz_da

The automated way to generate image preprocessing code from Legato Composer will be added in gfx-v3.9.2 (early March).
    AlexPet
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Legato gxl library issues, too much latency when change screen 2021/01/27 01:24:20 (permalink)
    Hallo
    Yes I'm using double-buffering.
    I will continue to try with legato.

Thank you for your reply.

Alessio

Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5