Author
nikolaos
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
2021/01/05 05:19:13 (permalink)
3 (1)

Device descriptor request failed

Hello,
i am using mla examples with mplabX 5.35, as a basis for developing a project with USB connectivity. I have prototyped my own boards with both pic18lf25k50 and 32mm0128gpm028 processors.
I have modified the example mla projects and can get enumeration for CDC serial and MSD configurations but i get a very stubborn refusal to enumerate (Device descriptor request failed) with the special Vendor throughput test example which is the one i really want.
When i run the example with a microchip development board it runs well. I have tried mla's since 2014 with same results.
I have also tried to use a CDC setup and changed the descriptors to Vendor bulk. This enumerated ok but of cource didn't work.
My conclusions are that the descriptors are ok, the hardware, the clock and wiring are ok. Have tried polling and interrupt based. Power is hardcoded as bus in these examples.
Any suggestions as to why the particular setup dislikes my boards would be much appreciated.
Thanks
nikolaos

1 Reply Related Threads

nikolaos
    • Total Posts : 4
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: Device descriptor request failed 2021/01/08 23:14:41 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Hello,
    have found one issue that affected the 32MM setup. This was the USB ID control setting FUSBIDIO = OFF that was applied in the MLA example and was not wired accordingly at my board. I changed this to ON and the bird sung. 
    Little details to watch for.  
    Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5