• AVR Freaks

Hot!Does anyone know how to get the Data Visualizer to monitor GPIO pins?

Author
ishkabum
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 58
  • Reward points : 0
2020/10/23 13:30:14 (permalink)

Does anyone know how to get the Data Visualizer to monitor GPIO pins?

I'm using a PIC18F47Q10 with MPLAB X. I have a Curiosity HPC and also PICkit 4. I'll use whichever one works for this. 

Specifically I'm trying to monitor a PS/2 keyboard input running into GPIO pins so I can see what that signal really looks like and how my code is operating in the data-byte construction routine. I've been looking through the Microchip youtube tutorials and reading the User Guide.... I really don't get it. If anyone knows how to make this work, please let me know.

Thanks

Edit: I've excluded my code in the interest of keeping this post simple. If someone wants to review that, I'll be happy to share. But if I can get that Data Visualizer working that would really allow me to answer a lot of questions off the bat.
post edited by ishkabum - 2020/10/23 13:35:37

2 Replies Related Threads

judd
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 54
    Re: Does anyone know how to get the Data Visualizer to monitor GPIO pins? 2020/10/27 15:19:04 (permalink)
    Data Visualizer has GPIO monitoring from Curiosity Nano, Curiosity Pro, Xplained Pro kits, and Power Debugger as a standalone tool.  PICkit4 does not have DGI at all, and I don't think the HPC board does either.
    You could stream data from the application to Data Visualizer over the CDC though...?
    ishkabum
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: Does anyone know how to get the Data Visualizer to monitor GPIO pins? 2020/10/27 15:36:23 (permalink)
    I have Curiosity HPC so maybe that works. I have not seen how to set it up yet. Tried to install CDC driver for virtual Serial COM port
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5