Hot!Microchip Curiosity HPC Board and the PKOB

Author
Anobium
  • Total Posts : 164
  • Reward points : 0
2020/10/14 03:51:22 (permalink)
4 (2)

Microchip Curiosity HPC Board and the PKOB

Looking for collaboration with some folks.

Goal is to replace the requirement to use IPE to program and use PICKitPlus software.

The Microchip Curiosity HPC Board has a Programmer-On-Board (PKOB).  The PKOB is similar to a PICkit3 programmer but not exactly the same [ fancy that!  ].    I want to flip the PKOB operating system (OS) to be compatible with the Windows/Linux/Pi PICKitPlus software to release the tie to IPE.

Currently, I am able to change the PKOB with the PICkit3 programmer OS ( PK3OSV020005.hex ) leaving the PKOB bootloader in position.  I have then created a special build of the PICKitPlus GUI software to communicate with the Microchip Curiosity HPC Board with the PKOB OS ( PK3OSV020005.hex ).   Unfortunately, that is where my luck ran out - as I get communication between the software and the Microchip Curiosity HPC Board but I do not get a proper response to permit full operations.

To complete the picture here.  I can revert the Microchip Curiosity HPC Board back to IPE mode.  Thankfully.

So, has anyone investigated these Microchip Curiosity HPC Boards - I mean to some real depth? and, are you willing to collaborate to achieve the goal?

And/Or.... it this worth it (Should I just ignore the many requests we get to permit PICKitPlus software to support these boards) ?

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5