Vividhobby
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 25
  • Reward points : 0
2020/09/29 05:53:09 (permalink)
5 (1)

Got "SEVERE: Invalid configuration file" on MPLABX with MCC

Hello, please advise me on this matter.

I have an experience on MPLABX with XC8, but I wanted to try use PIC32MX with XC32 on MPLABX.
After created a new projuct with PIC32MX, I got an error message above.
What am I wrong with ?
The log is as follows.
Thsnk you for your advice.
Regards
Nobuaki

21:40:31.340 INFO: Fetching list of available libraries.
21:40:31.928 INFO: Download Complete: C:\Users\vivid\.mcc\mcc_libraries.xml
21:40:32.893 INFO: Start MCC
21:40:33.002 INFO: Core v5.0.1 loaded.
21:40:33.023 INFO: Libraries defined in the configuration:
21:40:59.080 INFO: Stop MCC
21:40:59.081 INFO: Core v5.0.1 unloaded.
21:41:11.531 INFO: Fetching list of available libraries.
21:41:12.229 INFO: Download Complete: C:\Users\vivid\.mcc\mcc_libraries.xml
21:41:12.423 SEVERE: Invalid configuration file.

6 Replies Related Threads

Vividhobby
    Starting Member
    Re: Got "SEVERE: Invalid configuration file" on MPLABX with MCC 2020/09/29 18:39:20 (permalink)
    Thanks,

I solved this issue.
    I needed to install device library first.

Regards

thoraz
    • Total Posts : 117
    Re: Got "SEVERE: Invalid configuration file" on MPLABX with MCC 2020/10/05 03:02:37 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    I have the same problem with MPLAB X v5.40 and the MCC v4.0.1. I have two exception:

javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
     at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.next(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:604)
     at com.sun.xml.internal.stream.XMLEventReaderImpl.nextEvent(XMLEventReaderImpl.java:83)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.StreamReader.read(StreamReader.java:110)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.StreamReader.read(StreamReader.java:122)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.StreamReader.next(StreamReader.java:94)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.NodeReader.readElement(NodeReader.java:111)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.NodeReader.readRoot(NodeReader.java:85)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.NodeBuilder.read(NodeBuilder.java:84)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.stream.NodeBuilder.read(NodeBuilder.java:58)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:543)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:444)
    [catch] at com.microchip.mcc.host.services.project.ConfigurationContainer.getConfigurationContainer(ConfigurationContainer.java:43)
     at com.microchip.mcc.host.services.project.ConfigurationContainer.getCoreVersion(ConfigurationContainer.java:61)
     at com.microchip.mcc.host.services.project.AHostProjectService.loadFromFile(AHostProjectService.java:121)
     at com.microchip.mcc.host.services.project.AHostProjectService.initializeProject(AHostProjectService.java:85)
     at com.microchip.mcc.plugin.Controller.open(Controller.java:92)
     at com.microchip.mcc.plugin.Controller.open(Controller.java:61)
     at com.microchip.mcc.plugin.Controller.openClosePlugin(Controller.java:156)
     at com.microchip.mcc.plugin.view.toolbar.OpenWindowsTogetherToolbarAction.lambda$performAction$2(OpenWindowsTogetherToolbarAction.java:110)
     at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
     at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
     at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
     at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
     at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$3(WinApplication.java:177)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

and

org.simpleframework.xml.core.ValueRequiredException: Unable to satisfy @org.simpleframework.xml.Attribute(name=, required=true, empty=) on field 'generated' public java.lang.String com.microchip.mcc.xmlmanifest.XmlContainer.generated for class com.microchip.mcc.xmlmanifest.XmlContainer at line 1
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Composite.validate(Composite.java:644)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Composite.readAttributes(Composite.java:416)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Composite.access$300(Composite.java:59)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Composite$Builder.read(Composite.java:1382)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Composite.read(Composite.java:201)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Composite.read(Composite.java:148)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Traverser.read(Traverser.java:92)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:625)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:606)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:584)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:543)
     at org.simpleframework.xml.core.Persister.read(Persister.java:444)
    [catch] at com.microchip.mcc.plugin.services.HostMccReleaseNotifier.deserialize(HostMccReleaseNotifier.java:176)
     at com.microchip.mcc.plugin.services.HostMccReleaseNotifier.getNotifications(HostMccReleaseNotifier.java:68)
     at com.microchip.mplab.nbide.productreleaseprompt.ProductRelease.checkThirdPartyProducts(ProductRelease.java:158)
     at com.microchip.mplab.nbide.productreleaseprompt.ProductRelease.access$300(ProductRelease.java:41)
     at com.microchip.mplab.nbide.productreleaseprompt.ProductRelease$5.run(ProductRelease.java:197)
     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:1423)
     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:2033)

ishkabum
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: Got "SEVERE: Invalid configuration file" on MPLABX with MCC 2020/10/05 11:06:02 (permalink)
    I'm getting the same error with PIC18F47Q10 using Curiosity HPC with MPLAB X IDE v5.40, XC8 compiler.

The MCC works with one of my projects built for the same device. The MCC will open and Generate code, etc.

However with a new project for the same device I can't load MCC due to Invalid configuration file error.

I did see the note about installing device library - I installed and loaded the latest device library for PIC18

Library version 1.81.6 is installed and loaed as seen in Versions [MCC] tab when I have the old working proj open.

But if I set the new project to Main Project and try to run MCC I get this error... Any ideas? Would be appreciated.
    Vividhobby
    Starting Member
    Re: Got "SEVERE: Invalid configuration file" on MPLABX with MCC 2020/10/05 15:56:00 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    Hello
    I have downgreaded from MPLABX 5.40 to 5.35.
    It works fine and more stable.

Thanks
    Nobuaki
    ishkabum
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 58
    Re: Got "SEVERE: Invalid configuration file" on MPLABX with MCC 2020/10/05 18:11:05 (permalink)
    Hmm.. thank you. I went ahead and downloaded MPLAB X IDE v5.35. I've got XC8 v2.30 compiler, downloaded the Code Configurator plugin... now, oddly, it's "Unable to resolve identifier ..." ANSELA, TRISA, etc.. I wonder why? I installed the device library, pretty sure the setup was complete but there's something wrong here unfortunately.
    Aussie Susan
    • Total Posts : 3789
    Re: Got "SEVERE: Invalid configuration file" on MPLABX with MCC 2020/10/05 18:36:30 (permalink)
    3 (2)
    Where are those messages coming from. If from the compiler then you have a real issue. If they are just squiggly lines in the source code in the IDE then it is a long standing bug in the IDE - look in the MPALBx forum for many posts about this and various possible solutions (other than ignoring them).
    Susan
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5