• AVR Freaks

Hot!How do I upgrade module versions on existing project?

Author
yp66
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 0
2020/09/27 08:45:27 (permalink)

How do I upgrade module versions on existing project?

I have a project under Harmony v3 and have been having a hard time with crashes on simple UART I/O and after reading a lot of posts, I decided to update my packages as there seem to be some issue with faulty plib UART libraries.

So now I have Harmony Core v3.8.1, csp v3.8.1 etc, but my project was setup with the 'old' versions, i.e., Harmony Core v3.7.2, csp v.3.7.1.

When I try to load MHC it says that I need to load the content manager and update the versions.  So I load the MCM, go to Local Packages and load my manifest but the rows are all frozen and don't let me select the "Update" column.  So in the row that reads "core-v3.7.2" the checkout column has a green checkmark but I can't change that.  If I click OK, the MCM simply re-downloads the old packages.

Went around this a few times and have spend a few hours on it.  Any ideas on how can I upgrade my project to the latest (and hopefully less buggy) version of the modules?

4 Replies Related Threads

yts
    • Total Posts : 636
    Re: How do I upgrade module versions on existing project? 2020/09/27 16:19:58 (permalink)
    2 (1)
    Once you download the old version of repository, the “Update” button disappears as shown in fig1 (core version has been changed from v3.8.1 to v3.7.2). You can click the black triangle and select the latest version of repository as shown in fig2 (v3.8.1).

yts
    post edited by yts - 2020/09/27 16:24:40

Attached Image(s)

yp66
    Starting Member
    Re: How do I upgrade module versions on existing project? 2020/09/28 03:10:14 (permalink)
    @yts, Thank you for the response.

I am not sure I fully understand how this works.

I spend a few hours to download the latest version of each package using the MCM

Then I have to load the manifest, click OK when it points to the fact that this manifest needs older versions of the packages.

This triggers another length download which sets all the current versions at the "global-to-my-system-harmony file storage" to what is in the manifest

Then I have to go back to the package manager and use the black diamond to select the latest version again, which triggers yet another set of "wait till the dials go around" period.

Then I have to re-open the project and that updates the project to use the latest?

I'm asking because it seemed to work on one of my projects but it sounds a bit convoluted and want to make sure before embarking on doing the same to the rest of my projects.  Wouldn't it make more sense when loading the MHC to simply point to which versions of the packages are to be used, out of what is already available in my local package?

yts
    • Total Posts : 636
    Re: How do I upgrade module versions on existing project? 2020/09/28 06:38:23 (permalink)
    There is possibility that I am misleading you.

You said that you have already downloaded the latest version of each package.
    After finishing MCM, you can start MHC.
    You will have a dialog box (see the attached figure).
    Just push “Continue” button. Then, Generate Code in MHC.
     I think that you get your project updated with the latest version of each package.

yts
    post edited by yts - 2020/09/28 06:50:48

Attached Image(s)

yp66
    Starting Member
    Re: How do I upgrade module versions on existing project? 2020/09/29 08:40:31 (permalink)
    4 (1)
    When i click continue, it reverts my package to the version of the manifest, as opposed to upgrading the manifest to the latest version of the package.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5