Harmony Configured SPI Receive Always Returns 0

Author
AnotherEngineer
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2020/09/25 06:55:27 (permalink)
4 (1)

Harmony Configured SPI Receive Always Returns 0

I've used the MPLAB Harmony Configurator to setup SERCOM6 as SPI on an ATSAME54P20A. Whenever I use the following Harmony API to send/receive:

SERCOM6_SPI_WriteRead(&txBuffer, txSize, &rxBuffer[0], rxSize);

The receive buffer always returns all 0's. Now I have verified that the SPI slave device is responding and that signals other than 0 are making it onto the MISO pin.

I have attached my SPIConfig.PNG which shows the settings. I've attached SPIConfig2.PNG which shows the SPI Driver and project graph setup.

SERCOM6_SPI_Initialize() is called during start-up from SYS_Initialize.

The init appears to set the pin properly:

/* Configure Data Out Pin Out , Master Mode,
     * Data In and Pin Out,Data Order and Standby mode if configured
     * and Selection of the Clock Phase and Polarity and Enable the SPI Module
     */
    SERCOM6_REGS->SPIM.SERCOM_CTRLA = SERCOM_SPIM_CTRLA_MODE_SPI_MASTER | SERCOM_SPIM_CTRLA_DOPO_PAD0 | SERCOM_SPIM_CTRLA_DIPO_PAD3 | SERCOM_SPIM_CTRLA_CPOL_IDLE_HIGH | SERCOM_SPIM_CTRLA_CPHA_TRAILING_EDGE | SERCOM_SPIM_CTRLA_DORD_MSB | SERCOM_SPIM_CTRLA_ENABLE_Msk ;

Transmissions are working fine but the receive data is always 0. This has been tried on multiple pieces of hardware as well so I don't believe it is a hardware issue. I've included BusSIgnals.PNG that shows the signals on the MCU pin.

Is there a configuration I am overlooking? A bug in the framework? Some errata that I'm overlooking?

Guidance on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

AnotherEngineer
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: Harmony Configured SPI Receive Always Returns 0 2020/09/25 09:11:55 (permalink)
    Well issue solved miraculously on it's own. I set a break point in the SERCOM6_SPI_InterruptHandler in plib_sercom6_spi.c at the receivedData = .... as shown below:

if((SERCOM6_REGS->SPIM.SERCOM_INTFLAG & SERCOM_SPIM_INTFLAG_RXC_Msk) == SERCOM_SPIM_INTFLAG_RXC_Msk)
            {
                receivedData =  SERCOM6_REGS->SPIM.SERCOM_DATA;

if(sercom6SPIObj.rxCount < sercom6SPIObj.rxSize)

I then used the IoView to watch the incoming data, monitored it as it passed through to the buffer and then ever since it has worked in this debug session.

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5