• AVR Freaks

Hot!Core Timer problem

Author
ibbro
  • Total Posts : 91
  • Reward points : 0
2020/09/01 07:47:19 (permalink)

Core Timer problem

I have a working harmony 3 project for PIC32MZ2048EFM. I duplicated the project for PIC32MZ2048EFH and it mostly works after rebuilding the project graph from scratch. Ethernet, spi, all the more complicated components are functioning. However calls to CORETIMER_DelayMs() work correctly when debugging, but do not work for non debug builds no matter the optimization setting. These calls seem to fall through with no delay. I haven't found anything in the way of Harmony configuration settings that would affect CORETIMER setup. I'm not clear on where the core timer clock comes from, but clock settings match between the EFM and EFH versions, and as I said it works fine in a debugger session, so it is hard to debug.

Source code is unchanged.

I am doing this under MHC3.4.1 and the old framework. Trying to move to the newer framework (3.5.1 or 3.6.?) the harmony project graph has missing components. I will approach that next. I was hoping to get the project going under the old framework with the new chip version first.

Thnx

1 Reply Related Threads

ibbro
    • Total Posts : 91
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: Core Timer problem 2020/09/01 16:30:41 (permalink)
    4 (2)
    Found it. Bad pullup resistor placement on the proto board. MCLR was floating when not in debug mode. Too quick to pull the trigger and blame Harmony. For once it wasn't actually Harmony. lol.

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5