• AVR Freaks

Hot!Prodction Program Update

Author
Enrique_gf
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
2020/08/10 15:49:06 (permalink)

Prodction Program Update

I am upgrading a custom production program from WinXP and VB6 to Win7 and VB.Net. I am doing this because the old computer died and the there are no replacements. I had to install MPlab X on the new computar because the older version was not compatible with Win7 and I had to install IPE because pm3cmd. e x e is not compatible with PMLabx. In my custom program I am using this command in ipecmd
"-5 -P16F870 -E -FXXXXXXX.hex -M -Y -TPPM3
 , which is the same command that was used in pm3cmd in the old version of the custom program, however I am getting this error Message: "No image is present on PM3. Please transfer a hex file before programming or verifying."
the hex files are located on a folder and xxxxx is the path of the folder and the name of the file. I have tried to put the file on the PM3 using a SDcard but I have not been able to use one.
to work around this problem I need to open the GUI version of IPE and load the program manually and program a product, after this I can close the IPE and continue working with my custom program using the above mentioned command. My questions is why is this command not working anymore, I just purchased a new programmer and I am getting the same results.

1 Reply Related Threads

ric
    • Total Posts : 28299
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: Prodction Program Update 2020/08/11 13:38:10 (permalink)

I also post at: PicForum
    Links to useful PIC information: http://picforum.ric323.co...opic.php?f=59&t=15
    NEW USERS: Posting images, links and code - workaround for restrictions.
    To get a useful answer, always state which PIC you are using!
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5