• AVR Freaks

Hot!DSPIC33CH dual debug with two IDEs (MPLAB X 5.40)

Author
rehakmatej
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 41
  • Reward points : 0
2020/08/05 06:22:07 (permalink)

DSPIC33CH dual debug with two IDEs (MPLAB X 5.40)

Hello, I am learning with DSPIC33CH512MP508 MCU on Curiosity developent board and I am little bit confused with dual debugging using two opened IDEs. Both cores are able to enter into debug mode. But in master IDE, when the breakpoint is raised and then the "play" button is pressed to continue program, the  debugger console writes "Running", but in reality the program start about 30 seconds later (I know it because I have on both cores simple LED blinking programs) and during this delay, the "play" button is still enabled.
On slave core, when I create breakpoint classicaly by clicking on line number, the program probably breaks on this breakpoint, but the line with breakpoint does not change color, debugger console writes "Target halted", the only thing  I know is that the program breaks every time on same program counter value, so breakpoint probably works. But when the program is paused by breakpoint, I can't watch any variable, all variables are "Out of scope". Can anyone confirm same observations? I think this is not proper behavior both in the master and slave IDEs. Are these problems related with some bugs? Should I create support ticket warning on these problems? Are there any workarounds?
Thank you.

Used programming tools: PKOB for master, PicKit4 for slave

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5