• AVR Freaks

Hot!PICKIT 4 not able to enter debuging mode.

Author
A.T.
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2020/08/02 21:27:53 (permalink)

PICKIT 4 not able to enter debuging mode.

I'm using MPLAB V5.0 with XC16 v1.34 with PIC24FJ128GC006 and PICKIT 4. I'm able to program the controller but when I try to enter debug mode it throws the following error message:-

Script GetVersionDE failed with status Type = runScript, Script name = GetVersionDE, Status = 0xa00
data: 0:
The target device is not ready for debugging. Please check your configuration bit settings and program the device before proceeding. The most common causes for this failure are oscillator and/or PGC/PGD settings.

This message started popping up after I used the same PICKIT 4 on a different PC before that it was entering in debug mode.

1 Reply Related Threads

ric
    • Total Posts : 28299
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: PICKIT 4 not able to enter debuging mode. 2020/08/03 19:08:13 (permalink)
    I guess you mean MPLABX 5.0.
    There was an MPLAB5, but that was many many years ago.
    The other PC probably had a later version of MPLABX, and has installed a later version of the PK4 firmware.
    There should be an option to force a firmware update on your PK4 to bring it back to what MPLABX 5.0 expects, or you could just update MPLABX to the latest version on your PC.

I also post at: PicForum
    Links to useful PIC information: http://picforum.ric323.co...opic.php?f=59&t=15
    NEW USERS: Posting images, links and code - workaround for restrictions.
    To get a useful answer, always state which PIC you are using!
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5