Author
ad5oj
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 49
  • Reward points : 0
2020/08/01 18:51:55 (permalink)
5 (1)

MPLAB X 5.40 is not working with PICkit4

MPLAB X IDE 5.30 has been working OK for me with the PICkit4 although it programs slower than optimal.  Today I decided to put v 5.40 on a different computer. Past experience has taught me never to change my old setup until I get the new running.

Trying to program a 24F32KA304 device with the new setup gives the error "Target Device ID (0x0) is an Invalid Device ID."  I tried setting the programming speed to "SLOW" as the IDE suggests, but no success.

Just to double check, I plugged the PICkit4 back into the old setup and after it automatically "upgraded" or downgraded the PICkit4 firmware it programmed the device no problem.

I upgraded packs on the new setup and restarted the IDE and computer but it did not help. At some point I noticed a "Project Loading Warning" in the Output tab that says "Could not find latest tool pack pk4hybrid".
It is still saying that "Target Device ID (0x0) is an Invalid Device ID." even though the problem is obviously not in my hardware.

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks.
post edited by ad5oj - 2020/08/02 06:48:21

1 Reply Related Threads

RISC
    • Total Posts : 5776
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: MPLAB 5.40 is not working with PICkit4 2020/08/02 04:28:45 (permalink)
    -1 (1)
    Hi,
    I guess you meant MPLAB X v5.40 (please correct your thread title as MPLAB v5.40 also exist but it is extremely old).
    I have never seen this error message ( "Could not find latest tool pack pk4hybrid" ) 
    It looks to me that MPLAB X is trying to update the Pickit4 but cannot find this file from internet.
    I suggest you enter a support ticket to Microchip online support
    Regards

For support make sure to check first here : http://microchipdeveloper.com
    There are hundreds of PIC, AVR, SAM...which one do YOU use ?
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5