I cannot find anything in the documentation for the mpfs utility that describes the differences.
P.S - Link to the documentation details - https://github.com/Microchip-MPLAB-Harmony/net/blob/master/release_notes.md
MPFS Utilitympfs.jar renamed to mpfs_net.jarMPFS Utilitympfs_net.jar utility will generate a MPFS_Net_SettingDetails.xml file for the configuration backup
mpfs.jar- This tool updates and replaces the existent mpfs2.jar.
- The new MPFS utility version 3.3.3 is capable of parsing SSI directives.
- The utility is intended to be used with the HTTP_NET server.
- It generates the http_net_print.h and http_net_print.c files.
- HTTP_Net Application initialization and HTTP registration are now part of http_net_print.c file.
- The tool has been updated to disable the default compression of html files.
- When the application Custom Template is enabled, the Web pages are added to the project.
- The Source directory path is the source of the web page files.
- The Destination directory path is the location where the web page files will be copied.
- The Destination location is not currently configurable.
- The maximum number of supported web page files is currently 100.
- The NVM MPFS demos use a customized pre-build step to generate the mpfs_net_img.c file:
java -jar ../../../../utilities/mpfs_generator/mpfs.jar /c /z "snmp.bib" "../src/web_pages" "../src" "mpfs_net_img.c"
- If there is no JRE installed on the building machine, the project will not build. The pre-build step needs to be disabled manually