• AVR Freaks

Hot!Is it possible to use the Application Layer Clock Synchronization with the RN2483 Module ?

Author
rabe
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2020/06/15 01:51:48 (permalink)

Is it possible to use the Application Layer Clock Synchronization with the RN2483 Module ?

We want to set the clock (network's GPS clock) on our end-device.
We use the module RN2483 with the firmware version 1.0.0
This firmware version supports the LoRaWAN™ specification 1.0.2
Starting with LoRaWAN™ specification 1.0.3 there are the MAC commands DeviceTimeReq/DeviceTimeAns.

Since the LoRaWAN™ MAC commands DeviceTimeReq/DeviceTimeAns are not supported in the RN2483 module we want to use the Application Layer Clock Synchronization as described in the "LoRaWAN® Application Layer Clock Synchronization Specification v1.0.0":

https://lora-alliance.org/resource-hub/lorawanr-application-layer-clock-synchronization-specification-v100
 LoRaWAN® Application Layer Clock Synchronization Specification v1.0.0
 File description(s)
 LoRaWAN® Application Layer Clock Synchronization Specification, authored by the FUOTA Working Group of the LoRa Alliance® Technical Committee,
 proposes an application layer messaging package running over LoRaWAN® to synchronize the real-time clock of an end-device to the network’s
 GPS clock with second accuracy.
 "...Introduction
 This document proposes an application layer messaging package running over LoRaWAN to synchronize the real-time clock of an end-device
 to the network’s GPS clock with second accuracy..."

Can I use the Application Layer Clock Synchronization with the module RN2483 ?

Has anyone already done this ?

Can someone give me an example of what I have to send and what I will receive ?

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5