• AVR Freaks

Hot!Need help to create MPLABX plugin to interface with the custom GUI...

Author
amitmaid
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2020/06/04 04:39:46 (permalink)

Need help to create MPLABX plugin to interface with the custom GUI...

Hi all,
I am new to this forum, i came across this while searching for solution to my problem..
I am working on the pic24xx series micro-controllers, basically i want to develop the GUI that can simulate my hardware.
Basic idea is to have GUI with the inputs and outputs indications.
Input from GUI goes to PIC24 source code running in simulator and from that other pin sets and that is shown in the GUI.

so my question is how it can be done...????
Thanks in advance for the great help......!!!!!

3 Replies Related Threads

GeorgePauley
    • Total Posts : 1268
    Re: Need help to create MPLABX plugin to interface with the custom GUI... 2020/06/04 08:42:16 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    I'm pretty sure this has been done already.  Checkout out Proteus.  National Instruments has software that does exactly what you are suggesting and uses the Microchip Simulator under the hood.  I think it is called Multisim.

If you are still intent on doing this yourself, well, you have some work ahead of you.  I would start by downloading the MPLAB X SDK.  There are sections that will describe how to add your own GUI to MPLAB X, or even possibly replace the existing GUI.  There is a section on building Simulator peripherals, which will give you a lot of information on how the simualtor works and how to interface to it.
    amitmaid
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Need help to create MPLABX plugin to interface with the custom GUI... 2020/06/05 03:27:31 (permalink)
    Hi GeorgePauley,
    Thank you very much for the reply.

I want to develop GUI with some basic inputs and outputs (DC,PWM). So i am intending to do the my own GUI instead of proteus or multisim.

I saw it is possible to create UI in plugins also, so my question is, is it better to do it within the plugin or create external application for GUI(thinking of using PYTHON and communicate with TCP Socket).

I am very new to this thing and will need your help in future also, so thanks in advance for it...

GeorgePauley
    • Total Posts : 1268
    Re: Need help to create MPLABX plugin to interface with the custom GUI... 2020/06/05 08:36:15 (permalink)
    +2 (2)
    I'm the simulator expert here, not the MPLAB expert.  Simulator is a tiny piece of the huge MPLAB X software suite.  I know it is possible to do things like add your own GUI's to MPLAB, but I don't know the details myself.  My understanding is that the SDK has the necessary information.  And that the SDK assumes you know what you are doing, and isn't set up as a "how-to/tutorial" type of document.  It is possible to write your own GUI, others have done it, but at that point you are really doing NetBeans development using MPLAB software (as described in the SDK) as a NetBeans platform component.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5