• AVR Freaks

Hot![Solved]Device family is unknown for the device ATtiny3214 Error with prjMakefilesGenerato

Author
EmbeddedRelated
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
2020/06/01 10:40:40 (permalink)
5 (1)

[Solved]Device family is unknown for the device ATtiny3214 Error with prjMakefilesGenerato

I have been using the prjMakefilesGenerator.bat file for years and its been fine to create projects, all of a sudden nothing works. Anyone know whats changed in this? As i now get this error:

com.microchip.crownking.mplabinfo 2020-06-01T17:36Z SEVERE Device family is unknown for the device ATtiny3214. Possibly DCore information is not mapped

Device PIC32MZEFM100
MPLABX5.30
XC32 2.4

Solved... Honestly just ignore the error in any powershell or cmd build. It still generates the makefiles even though it shows an error.

post edited by EmbeddedRelated - 2020/06/03 06:15:06

2 Replies Related Threads

jeff_d
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 54
    Re: [Solved]Device family is unknown for the device ATtiny3214 Error with prjMakefilesGene 2020/06/22 13:04:30 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    I have an open case with developer support opened on June 12th about this same error.
    Some additional thoughts:
    - I the exact same ATTiny warning with MPLabX 5.30.
    - I'm can't confirm build artifacts are the same or different because whatever changed has been rolled into the repository and automated builds (on a virtual machine without any AtmelStudio install) produces the same warning.
    - Somewhere around that time I installed AtmelStudio to work on an ATTiny Xplained project. 
    - My projects use XC16 (pro); I also have XC32 pro installed. 
    - I agree it seems to be something with the way the projectGenerator as the generated mk files are different but I don't see any obvious causes.
    - The project.xml and configuration.xml files also don't have any obvious difference beyond the structural changes we made to the projects (new defines, new files added into the project from new directories, include dirs added to project etc).

jeff_d
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 54
    Re: [Solved]Device family is unknown for the device ATtiny3214 Error with prjMakefilesGene 2020/06/23 09:47:45 (permalink)
    I just remembered an additional change I had made to our build process...
    In release builds we call the prjMakefileGenerator and it was recently notice our makefile was still calling the v3.10 generator. It was after updating makefile to call the MPLabX 5.30 generator that the message appeared. 

I tested builds using both 3.10 and 5.30 prjMakefileGenerator (the called prjMakefileGenerator.jar files are different)  and found the generated files do create same hex files.  Seems to be an issues caused integrating Atmel development into MPLab.

I am now comfortable ignoring the message.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5