• AVR Freaks

Hot!dsPICDEM-MCLV-2, AN1160, need help translating .DMCI file to .XML file

Author
AssemblyJunkie
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 0
2020/04/06 14:30:30 (permalink)

dsPICDEM-MCLV-2, AN1160, need help translating .DMCI file to .XML file

For starters, I have been using PIC processors since Microchip introduced the PICstart Plus programmer and MPLAB came on 3.5" Floppies.  I'm also a very experienced analog / mixed signal engineer with 20+ years of professional work.

First off, while searching for dsPICDEM, I can see there is 180 results, and page one is displaying items 1 through 20  (see picture below).  But apparently there is no scrollbar to see items 3-20.  That is why I am posting - I don't have much patience for forum webpages that cannot create a scrollbar in either Firefox or Chrome (and I am fully updated and all ad blockers and script blockers are off).

So my question is I have purchased a dsPICDEM MCLV-2 system with Hurst Motor and PIM modules appropriate to the AN1160 firmware.

The app note uses real-time-data-monitoring (RTDM) which is supposed to work with the DMCI tool.  However, AN1160 was written for MPLAB IDE version 8-something and I am using the latest version of MPLAB-X.  The DEMO.dmci file that came with AN1160 doesn't open in the MPLAB-X DMCI plugin.  The latter is looking for a .xml file.

Does anyone know of a tool, app, patch, etc. that can translate an older .dmci file to the newer .xml format?

Thanks in advance.

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

1 Reply Related Threads

_dex
    • Total Posts : 104
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: dsPICDEM-MCLV-2, AN1160, need help translating .DMCI file to .XML file 2020/06/01 03:47:48 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Do not use it, use X2CScope + Scilab, it let you plot 8 variable  in "realtime" in/output ports or any register from dsPIC. https://www.sim2tronic.com/

If you really need to use DMCI just install old MPLAB. It still works.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5