multiple definition of
I've spent the better part of this day trying to resurrect my project that has been bit by bit rot.
I just move one source file to a different location in the file hierarchy and it has been downhill ever since.
Now I've recreate the project a couple of times and with the help "Add existing Items from Folders..." generat trial and error the project now finds all files and compiles but fails at link stage with "multiple definition" errors for functions that I define in my main.c but which are referenced from an other file.
If I remove main.c from the project then I get 'undefined' errors for those same files.
Looking at the Makefiles it looks like main is linked twice but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to fix this.
Please somebody just end my misery... ;)
Am I the only one who thinks that this aspect of MPLABX is miserable and totally unintuitive and vere prone and fragile, after years of using it I never get the feeling that I'm in charge and know what I'm doing.
Even bad old Make and his ugly friends seem user friendly in that respect.