• AVR Freaks

Hot!Communication between 2 ESP-01 with one as Access Point and other as client

Author
anshumantech
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2020/03/02 01:47:08 (permalink)

Communication between 2 ESP-01 with one as Access Point and other as client

I have been using two ESP-01 modules, one configured as an access point and the other configured as a client connected to the access point formerly created. I am able to send the data successfully but not receiving it on the client side. I have used direct AT commands for configuration and sending data. Following are the AT commands I sent in order mentioned at the access point:
AT+CWMODE=2
AT+CIPMUX=1
AT+CIPSERVER=1,2222
AT+CIPSTART=<id>,"UDP","ID of client",2222
AT+CIPSEND=<id>,no: of bytes

Every command gets executed properly as I receive "OK" and no errors and finally get a '>' prompt to type in my data (Using RealTerm software). After I give the data, I get the "SEND OK" reply! So, that's working fine!

On the client side, before I send data from AP, I connect it to the AP and get an IP. Following are the commands I execute in sequence:
AT+CWMODE=1
AT+CIPMUX=1
AT+CWJAP="ssid","password”
AT+CIFSR //to check IP

Both are executing the "AT+PING" command well! Why am I then not getting the sent data on the client side? 

Also I have tried Arduino code to established communication between ESP-01 in access point mode and ESP-01 as client mode but I got error as "Invalid packet header (0xFF)" in Arduino IDE. But when the same program I tried on Node MCU (ESP-12E) module then it works and I able to send messages from ESP set as Access point to ESP set as client and vice versa. Can you suggest any solution on why two ESP-01(one is access point and one is client) communication is not working?

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5