Hot!Text Via LAN

Author
Designer
  • Total Posts : 519
  • Reward points : 0
2020/02/26 02:53:36 (permalink)
5 (1)

Text Via LAN

I have to build IP based wired alarm system. I have one master & 5 slaves.Master has 5 push buttons.

What I want to do is to use existing LAN infrastructure (cabling) & plug my devices to that network.when master press the button the corresponding slave device must turn on the alarm. Thats it.

Note: The existing LAN infrastructure is occupying PCs, Printers, Internet etc... I want to plug my devices to this network.

Is there any method to do this? PIC16F solution will be better...!! Any modules I can purchase as well.

2 Replies Related Threads

NKurzman
    A Guy on the Net
    • Total Posts : 18858
    Re: Text Via LAN 2020/02/26 06:46:42 (permalink)
    You could use WIZNet modules. Or something similar.
    You would need bigger PICs if you want to run the stack on the chip.
    LdB_ECM
    • Total Posts : 406
    Re: Text Via LAN 2020/02/26 07:19:52 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Telnet protocol is the easiest usually on Port23  ... the exchange is normal text

All you need is to have a socket library for the device. The device is typically the client and it opens a telnet session to the server via a fixed IP (you can usually set it).

If you want to see what it looks like download a telnet client like putty (https://www.putty.org/) then hit any of the public telnet servers
    try
    scn.org     .... login as visitor

Real security systems which use the internet us SSH in which the data is encrypted and have certificates. So it's just a complex mangling of the text data the unit and server exchange.

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5