MCC Bootloader (Bootloader Generator) - Device Not Resetting
This is my first post here. I will be doing my best to explain my problem, and I will also be attaching any related code and pictures.
I am currently working on a project, and one of the main parts of this electronics project is a bootloader for the microcontreller I'm using, as to be able to program the device via UART. The MCU is a PIC18F67K40
, and I used MCC to generate the bootloader
. The bootloader project uses the EUSART1
module and a baud rate of 9600bps. It is compiling successfully, without any errors, and I was able to program/download the bootloader onto my custom-made board (PIC18F67K40 with a 20MHz crystal oscillator) (using PICkit 3). When generating the bootloader project, I followed the 'Microchip Bootloader Generator User's Guide' attached below.
Apart from the bootloader project, I have also created a very simple project to toggle the state of one output pin. This is the application program that I am trying to program the device with via UART (i.e. I am loading this project's .hex file in the Unified Bootloader Host Application).
The host application's console shows some 'Failure Hints'; however, it seems as if/console shows that:
But when the unified bootloader host application tries resetting the device, the device fails to respond to the command.
- Bootloader version is read successfully
- Erase is successful
- Flash is being programmed
- Checksum is matching
I spent days trying to figure out what might be wrong and this bootloader is a very important part of the project, so I thought it would be best to ask here, maybe someone had already encountered this problem, or has an idea what might be causing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I included a Google Drive link for:
- The zipped folders containing the bootloader project bootloader_uart1.X, and the simple application program blinky.X
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OnNWgjlRQr-tAJeZ1g5eisNXi4_9ede-Sorry, I tried attaching everything to this post but the project files exceeded the 500KB limit. Please do tell me if there's another option which is better for you.The pictures were attached to this post as well.
- The PDF document I followed to generate the bootloader project using MCC - Microchip Bootloader Generator User's Guide
- A picture of the unified bootloader host application window
- A picture of the port settings of the host application
- A picture of the host application console showing what was successful and the problem (device reset failing)
Other useful information
- I'm using MPLAB X IDE v5.05, and compiler XC8 v2.10
- Unified Bootloader Host Application v1.15.1
- OS: Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
- Connection: USB UART module TX, RX connected to RX1 (RC7), TX1 (RC6) pins of PIC18F67K40
I thank you in advance for your help!
post edited by BrianA - 2020/02/21 12:30:02