• AVR Freaks

Hot!USB2517 SUSP_IND Pin

Author
Maxxpower
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
2020/01/17 06:18:54 (permalink)

USB2517 SUSP_IND Pin

Can someone help explain this pin function a bit better to me. The LED does not light up and it appears that the hub is not functioning properly. I see 1.8V at pin 25, 0V at pin 62 ans it looks like my XTAL is not oscillating. My config is 111.
post edited by Maxxpower - 2020/01/17 06:24:41

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

roundrocktom
    • Total Posts : 1047
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: USB2517 SUSP_IND Pin 2020/01/17 14:38:28 (permalink)
    It is a multifunction pin.

SUSP_IND/LOCAL_PWR/NON_REM0

SUSP_Indicatator -- as the name says, provided it is the mode to display that (depends on the configuration pins). Some of the modes are enabled using SMBUS or EEPROM to set register bits.

LOCAL_PWR -- what a pain in the rear! USB Power says downstream will be 500 mA to power hub and attached devices when attached to a PC, or unlimited power when attached to "local power" i.e. a 5 Amp wall wart. I usually pull this pin high through 10K to say I have a wall wart.

NON_REM0  one of two pins. Nonremovable allows faster boot times as host PC assumes what is attached. Fine when items are hardwired on a PCB.

XTAL and voltage on Pin 62 not present.   When the hub is first powered up you will so both come alive for a few milliseconds. This is an enumeration (telling the host a device has attached). If there is no response from the host the part goes into sleep (suspend) to save power. Normal operation.

So host and host software have to be present.  If the D+ and D- lines had accidentally been swapped between host and USB2517 the hub will never enumerate so check those lines.

What voltage are you measuring on pin 25?

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5