• AVR Freaks

Hot!problem revert "power target circuit from ICD4" off

Author
stbnrivas
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2020/01/16 06:31:24 (permalink)

problem revert "power target circuit from ICD4" off

Hello, I have a pic24f and LAN ethernet (with leds) controller into the same PCB plugged in with power.  I disassemble because I needed access to program firmware easy access to pins.

MPLab
>  The configuration is set for  the target board to suply its own power no voltage has been detected on VDD. Please ensure you have your target powered up and try again
Connection failed.

I went to the project of Mplab > right button > Properties > ICD4 > Option Categories = "Power" > and set Power target circuit from ICD4 and now I can update the firmware,

The problem is that now the PCB don't boot unless
- that you have IC4 programmer wire are connected
- if the option project is "power from ICD" is on in mplab

even  my supply energy is on from normal via. I updated the firmware with option "Power from ICD" OFF with the power from circuit but it doesn't work (led of ethernet don't work also)

It looks like the microcontroller

4 Replies Related Threads

DevMod1
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 484
    Re: problem revert "power target circuit from ICD4" off 2020/01/17 10:11:33 (permalink)
    Make sure you connect the Vdd and Vss lines from your board to the ICD4, even though the board is powered the ICD4 needs to sense the Vdd so it can set the voltage properly for the pin drivers.  That is probably why you get the message "no voltage has been detected"

Please read the forum posting guidelines. Do not double post, please help keep these forums professional and comments respectful.
    Please notify the moderators of problems/spam/trolls.
    stbnrivas
    Re: problem revert "power target circuit from ICD4" off 2020/01/17 11:14:24 (permalink)
    Hi, thank you so much for your answer. Smile: Smile

the point is that PCB it is not a prototype and the both pins are connected and previously to change setting the PCB boot using his own energy and now only boot using the energy from ICD4...

Thank you in Advanced
    ric
    • Total Posts : 25502
    Re: problem revert "power target circuit from ICD4" off 2020/01/17 23:45:01 (permalink)
    Are you talking about "MPLAB", or "MPLABX" ?
    Which version?

I also post at: PicForum
    Links to useful PIC information: http://picforum.ric323.co...opic.php?f=59&t=15
    NEW USERS: Posting images, links and code - workaround for restrictions.
    To get a useful answer, always state which PIC you are using!
    stbnrivas
    Re: problem revert "power target circuit from ICD4" off 2020/01/18 01:25:51 (permalink)
    sorrry,  my fault... this is a MPLAB X IDE v5.25 working with xc16 and pic24fj128GB108

Thank you for your answer
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5