PIC24FJ128GC010 UART IrDA

Author
caveerappan1
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2020/01/16 06:00:51 (permalink)

PIC24FJ128GC010 UART IrDA

Hi All,

Sorry if a similar question has been asked before - have searched the forum, but nothing came up. 

I am trying to use the builtin IrDA encoder/decoder on the PIC24FJ128GC010. I am using UART1 which I am directing to physical pins 51 and 52 using PPS. I have checked and double checked the PPS Configuration, the TRIS Configuration and the Analgoue/Digital (ANSx) Configuration. The same as been independently confirmed by a colleague. 

I am currently using a baud rate of 19200, but would like to higher when the system is working. 

The remote side of the IrDA link is one of our existing products, whose code has been simplified for testing with this use device. For verification, I have testing two of the simplified existing products back-to-back and all is well in both directions. This product uses the PIC24FJ128GA010. I cannot use this device in our new development because I need the Delta-Sigma ADC that is available in the PIC24FJ128GC010.

I then set up the PIC24FJ128GC010 (new development) to transmit the characters 'A' to 'Z' repeatedly. I can successfully receive this on the simplified existing product. 

However, when try to transmit characters from the simplified existing product to the new one I do not receive anything. I do not even get an interrupt. 

If I disable IrDA encoding/decoding (on both sides), I can successfully receive characters on the new product and get interrupt as expected. 

This to me suggests that there is a issue with the IrDA decoder on the PIC24FJ128GC010.

I have probed the signal sent to the IrDA emitter and seen on the IrDA receiver and the signals look as expected. 

The actual baud rate on the transmitter side (existing product) works out to 19,231.77 and on the new one to 19,230.77. I don't this this difference should cause a problem - or am I mistaken in this when IrDA encoding/decoding is taken into consideration?

Has anyone actually used the PIC24FJ128GC010 UART in IrDA mode? It looks like it may be isolated to this chip. 

I have looked at the Errata and there is nothing noted about UART or IrDA.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance. 

Kind regards

Anand

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5