AnsweredHot!Adding MCC-Like folders into Project File View

Author
gruf
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
2020/01/16 00:40:29 (permalink)

Adding MCC-Like folders into Project File View

Hello,

I'm trying to add an MCC-Esque folder into the project view of my project, but I can't get it done right.

MCC generates a physical folder within the project directory, as well as a folder both in the "Header Files" and the "Source Files" view of the project view, as shown in mcc.PNG. The MCC-generated files are then included in the C-Files via 
#include "mcc_generated_files/mcc.h"

for example.

I want the same thing with my custom generated files, eg. have a uart-directory, a sensors-directory, and so on (to make the project tree more readable and to group certian files), also I want to include them in that way in my source files: 
#include "uart/uart.h"

Adding a logical folder solves the issue with grouping, but not with including them in the way I want.

Generating a real folder within the project directory and then adding them either via "Add Existing Item..." or "Add Existing Item from Folders..." doesn't solve either issue, the files are shown ungrouped in the Projects View and are not included in the source files in the way I want them to be included.

My past experience is with Atmel Studio, there it works pretty easy.

Anyone has some insight here and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
katela
  • Total Posts : 1564
Re: Adding MCC-Like folders into Project File View 2020/01/17 10:40:51 (permalink)
Did you try to create a logical folder?

Free online Microcontroller Tutorials and Projects for Hobbyists and students. From beginners to advanced. Website: www.studentcompanion.co.za
YouTube Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/StudentCompanionSA
OscarTheGrouch
  • Total Posts : 310
Re: Adding MCC-Like folders into Project File View 2020/01/18 19:25:21 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby gruf 2020/01/20 02:18:02
Where the file is placed in the Project view is determined by what folder you have selected (highlighted) when you add the file.

I make logical folders and physical folders to match. You should also set the paths for search in the Properties for the Project so the compiler can find them.
gruf
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: Adding MCC-Like folders into Project File View 2020/01/20 02:17:55 (permalink)
+1 (1)
katela
Did you try to create a logical folder?

Yes, but that does not solve the issue with the files not being grouped together in the physical project folder.

dhpalmer
Where the file is placed in the Project view is determined by what folder you have selected (highlighted) when you add the file.

I make logical folders and physical folders to match. You should also set the paths for search in the Properties for the Project so the compiler can find them.

Thanks, this works. Seems like much work for such a easy task though.

OscarTheGrouch
  • Total Posts : 310
Re: Adding MCC-Like folders into Project File View 2020/01/21 17:36:48 (permalink)

Yes, but that does not solve the issue with the files not being grouped together in the physical project folder.

You have to do that yourself.
Jump to:
© 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5