MPLAX 5.30 & ICD4
MPLAB X 5.30
Windows 10 (64)
I had been using my older ICD3 and it was bullet proof (just wanted to pick up some speed)
I had purchased a ICD4 (then running MPLAB X 4.10) and the ICD4 connected and was working. I upgraded to MPLAB X 5.30 and the ICD4 would no longer program the device, when connected the ICD4 would pass the self test. The ICD4 would even read the device properly. But when I would try to program the device, I would get an error
verify failed. [config mem] 0xf80000, expected 0xcf , got 0xc5
I tried everything , I reset the ICD4 several times, and set the setting to NOT update the firmware but that did not seem to work.
During my testing I would go back and try the ICD3 and every time I did it worked flawlessly
the firmware for the ICD3 is ICD3FW_015602.jam
The MPLAB X 5.30 ICD4 firmware is ICD4FW_000270.jam <-- This does NOT work with the Part
The MPLAB X 4.10 ICD4 firmware was ICD4FW_000148.jam
So I copied the 2 files from MPLAB X 4.10 icd4armfiles.jar & icd4files.jar
removed the files from MPLAB X 5.30 (saving them ) and I placed the above files into the directories MPLAB X 5.30
Now I can erase , read, write , Seems to be working correctly. with the older firmware. (See photos )
Good Luck with your project !
I hope this helps