• AVR Freaks

BM20 EVB Help needed

Author
djtommye
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
2019/12/12 17:54:09 (permalink)

BM20 EVB Help needed

I'm using a BM20 Evaluation board, and I'm having some issues.  I'm more of a "tinker-er" than an engineer, so please forgive my ignorance in these matters...

To begin with, I followed the instructions on configuring the EVB with the supplied tools: UI tool, DSP tool, Merge tool, and EEPROM tool.   Things don't seem to be working as expected, and I'm wondering what my next step should be.  I presume I should just re-write the EEPROM and start over, but I'm not sure how to do that.

When I go into the EEPROM tool, and click on "IC/Module Identify", I get "Unknown Version".  I just received this board last week, and I'm not sure how to tell which version it is, so that I can choose the correct EEPROM file.  When I went through the steps earlier, I just followed the example in the docs. 

For right now, my only question is how to start over with the EEPROM? 

My goal is to enable UART so that I can program the settings from a third-party (custom developed) app, rather than these tools.  From what I can tell, I need to use the UI tool to enable UART.  Does that sound correct?  If anyone has pointers, I'd be grateful!

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2021 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5