• AVR Freaks

LockedHot!Why can't the compiler see plib.h even with MLA installed on its directory?

Author
m4l490n
  • Total Posts : 123
  • Reward points : 0
2019/12/11 19:08:40 (permalink)

Why can't the compiler see plib.h even with MLA installed on its directory?

I recently lost my system and had to restore everything. I have a legacy project that was compiling perfectly fine but now it is not and I don't know why.

XC32 is not "seeing" plib.h and I have installed MLA in /opt/microchip/xc32/v2.3 that is where my compiler is installed. I can see the file in /opt/microchip/xc32/v2.3/pic32mx/include/lega-c and I don't know if that path would be looked into when declaring:
#include <plib.h>

But I guess not since I'm getting the error. I actually don't remember how and where I installed MLA previously when everything was working fine.

I know I should be using MHC but this is an old project I can't migrate right now, especially with the bad MHC documentation, anyway, does anyone have an idea how to make this work?

I don't want to add the path to the includes list since I was not doing that before when everything was working fine.

3 Replies Related Threads

ric
    • Total Posts : 25204
    Re: Why can't the compiler see plib.h even with MLA installed on its directory? 2019/12/11 19:22:27 (permalink)
    Just a guess, which version of XC32 is the PLIB designed for?
    You may need to use an older version of the compiler to use PLIB. Old versions are available at https://www.microchip.com/development-tools/pic-and-dspic-downloads-archive

I also post at: PicForum
    Links to useful PIC information: http://picforum.ric323.co...opic.php?f=59&t=15
    NEW USERS: Posting images, links and code - workaround for restrictions.
    To get a useful answer, always state which PIC you are using!
    jtemples
    عُضْوٌ جَدِيد
    • Total Posts : 11519
    Re: Why can't the compiler see plib.h even with MLA installed on its directory? 2019/12/11 19:41:04 (permalink)
    Have you added the location of plib.h to the project's include file directories?
    m4l490n
    • Total Posts : 123
    Re: Why can't the compiler see plib.h even with MLA installed on its directory? 2019/12/11 19:52:45 (permalink)
    ric
    Just a guess, which version of XC32 is the PLIB designed for?
    You may need to use an older version of the compiler to use PLIB. Old versions are available at https://www.microchip.com/development-tools/pic-and-dspic-downloads-archive

You are right! I forgot to mention the version, it's v2.3. Let me try with an older version.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5