• AVR Freaks

Hot!Looking for Harmony 3 PIC32MZ2048EFH144 config/code examples using ADC/timer interrupts

Author
dB4301
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
2019/12/11 08:19:24 (permalink)

Looking for Harmony 3 PIC32MZ2048EFH144 config/code examples using ADC/timer interrupts

Hello,

I have been working with PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity w /FPU (EF) development board for about a week, and I'm trying to work within the Harmony 3 environment. Despite the pointers to GitHub and then back again to Microchip. I don't really feel like I have found example code for this development board. Using Harmony 3, I was able to create a application with the Core Timer, and blinking an LED (although I also had to make manual I/O configuration to be able to toggle the LED), but as soon as I try to add a second interrupt and configure ADC0  (through Harmony 3) to receive data my ICD4 emulator completely crashes and disconnects. I'm fairly sure this is related to the interrupt configuration, as I can make small steps in the debugger, but as soon as I let it free-run it falls apart.
Anyway: Is there an example in Harmony 3 (and accompanying manually-updated code as needed) that can run a general timer and an interrupt to run with a configured dedicated ADC? I think this would be very helpful and save a lot of time. Eventually I need to run a DMA with the ADC to gather the data.
Thanks in advance.

Dan.

2 Replies Related Threads

dB4301
    • Total Posts : 16
    Re: Looking for Harmony 3 PIC32MZ2048EFH144 config/code examples using ADC/timer interrupt 2019/12/16 07:43:41 (permalink)
    Hello,
    So sometimes the best way to solve a problem is solve it yourself!Smile: Smile
    The issues I was having were related to the system clock speed being too high, and also had to understand the triggering portion, which was not initially very clear for me. Anyway, I would like to provide some sample code for the next person that might need a leg-up getting the ADC configured. Basic Harmony 3 project and (some modified) code. Neither perfectly clean or reviewed, but it works.
    I am a newbie, so not sure where to post the ZIP file? Not seeing an attach option on this thread?
    Dan B.
    NKurzman
    A Guy on the Net
    • Total Posts : 18850
    Re: Looking for Harmony 3 PIC32MZ2048EFH144 config/code examples using ADC/timer interrupt 2019/12/16 08:00:13 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    Try clicking of Full response.
    But I think new users can’t post files until I had a certain number of posts.
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5