Hot!Cant Launch the Harmony 3 Configurator

Author
Nealet
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
2019/12/05 03:35:22 (permalink)

Cant Launch the Harmony 3 Configurator

Hi
I am running on a Win 10 machine with MPLAB X IDE v5.30 and XC32 compiler V2.30.
I have loaded The Harmony 3 Content Manager and Code Configurator. I have cloned all of the libraries (except for audio) using the content manager.
I have a project which I have created and I am trying to port a project piece by piece from another PIC32 Dev environment by pulling in pieces at a time.
When I open this project, set it as the main project and then try and run the Configurator, I get a launch error with an exception as follows:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\Microchip\Harmony\mhc\mplx_launcher.jar (The system cannot find the path specified).
If i look at that location, I can see that the offending "missing" file indeed does exist!
Can someone help me understand what i need to do to get the IDE to "see" this file please?
Thank you
REgards
Nealet

1 Reply Related Threads

Nealet
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: Cant Launch the Harmony 3 Configurator 2019/12/05 23:04:08 (permalink)
    Ok a colleauge found the problem. I had installed the Harmony library directory structure "inside" the Microchip one. i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\Harmony. This raised issues when the the launcher was called and returned the error that it could not find the directory and the launcher itself, because the app was looking for
    C:\Program%20Files%20(x86)\Microchip\Harmony.
    i.e. the "spaces" in the directory name were shown as %20 where 0x20 is an ASCII "space" character.
    So i moved the whole Harmony directory into the  C:\ root, and that took all spaces out of the directory name ( and the %20's as well) and the launcher was finally found and launched.
    Regards
    Nealet
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5