• AVR Freaks

Hot!BM70 in Broadcast mode

Author
husakjirka@seznam.cz
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
2019/11/26 03:17:36 (permalink)

BM70 in Broadcast mode

I want to have this BLE topology: N devices are in broadcast mode and send periodically some data. M devices are in peripheral mode and receives the data from broadcasters. I have some qustetions about this topology:

1. Is it possible do this topology with Microchip BM70 connected in manual mode to host MCU?
2. What about RF collisions, when I want 30 broadcasters and 5 listeners with update period 50 ms at the same place?
3. Is there any tutorial or example for BLEDK3 Manual Test Tool how to use broadcast mode and peripheral mode ?

Thanks for reply

1 Reply Related Threads

Silicon Messiah
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: BM70 in Broadcast mode 2019/12/09 08:50:14 (permalink)
    Let me know if you find a way of doing this please, I'm trying to do something similar but with far less broadcasting devices (RN4870), however I have started using the device not long ago and I haven't found the way of putting the device on "observer mode" and haven't tested the scan feature too much (hopefully, just yet),. I believe in the case of using the peripheral mode you must establish a connection hence might not be what you are looking for.

regarding the collisions I believe BLE has a way of dealing with this, however I'm unsure if you can fit all of that in a 50ms window

I hope somebody with more experience gives you a more expert input.
    post edited by Silicon Messiah - 2019/12/09 08:57:20
    Jump to:
    © 2020 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5