PIC32MM setting up PWM output

Author
btremaine
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 45
  • Reward points : 0
2019/11/21 07:15:48 (permalink)

PIC32MM setting up PWM output

I have a pretty basic question. I have scoured the PIC32MM data sheet as well as the CCP/PWM section 30 reference manual and I am missing a basic piece of information. Are the PWM outputs tied to specific pins or can they be assigned in code? For example, I see the CCP1CON2bits have fields OCxEN and these can be set to enable outputs A through F. My question is what physical pins are these on? For example I don't see a pin named OCA.

If you can point me to the right document to read I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brian 

2 Replies Related Threads

btremaine
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 45
    Re: PIC32MM setting up PWM output 2019/11/21 07:40:26 (permalink)
    Sorry, answering my own question mr green: mr green, The names are not shown on the Pin Diagrams in the data sheet but they are shown int the Tables showing "Complete Pin Descriptions". 
    acharnley
    • Total Posts : 406
    Re: PIC32MM setting up PWM output 2019/11/22 05:15:28 (permalink)
    For the PIC32MM it's a bit of both. The SCCP modules especially tend to be available on more PPS pins, but some PPS pins tend to support half the [S/M]CCP outputs and other PPS pins on the other side of the chip (usually) support the other ones. Basically don't make the error of assuming you can assign pins after prototype design!

Oh and some outputs are physical (A/B on the MCCP especially). It may not matter though if you're just using push/pull as an example then A=C=E, B=D=F which gives some further flexibility.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5