• AVR Freaks

MPLAB X (XC16) not tracking struct defines properly

Author
JimWoodworker
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
2019/11/18 10:46:39 (permalink)

MPLAB X (XC16) not tracking struct defines properly

I recently began having issues with MPLAB X IDE (and it might be an issue related to MPLAB XC16) not tracking variables that are part of a defined struct properly and highlighting.  The project compiles correctly. 

The code areas that have problems look something like this (also attached a snip of the editor window to this message):
kbus_rsData.item.instRPM = 0;
kbus_rsData.item.avgRPM = 0;
kbus_rsData.item.toolface = 0xffff;
kbus_rsData.item.defl = 0x7f;

It highlights at the .item level of the struct definition.

I also can no longer right click on item or elements under item and select navigate\go to declaration/definition anymore either.

This worked at one time.  What IDE or XC16 settings do I need to go into to fix this and get the IDE to regenerate the variables table so it knows where all the definitions are located?

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

2 Replies Related Threads

domble
    • Total Posts : 130
    Re: MPLAB X (XC16) not tracking struct defines properly 2019/11/19 10:01:31 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Compile the code might help, or the usual right click in on top of project tree, select "code assistance" then "reparse project".

dom.
    JimWoodworker
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: MPLAB X (XC16) not tracking struct defines properly 2019/11/19 10:09:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for you suggestion.

Compiling code didn't do anything and I had done that plenty before posting my question to the forum.

However right clicking on the project and selecting code assistance\reparse project worked like a charm.

Thank You!!
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5