• AVR Freaks

Hot!IPE v5.10 Does not provide the option to disable "erase all before programming"

Author
adown
New Users
  • Total Posts : 48
  • Reward points : 0
2019/10/22 11:41:22 (permalink)

IPE v5.10 Does not provide the option to disable "erase all before programming"

I'm trying to program my bootloader and application (my own, non-harmony) using the IPE v5.10.  I can see the option under the settings menu "erase all before program" but its checked and greyed out so i cannot deselect it.  I am familiar with the "preserve program memory" option but that doesnt work for this case as you can only preserve regions "inside" the range your programming and my application and bootloader are programmed to different areas of memory.

In older versions of the IPE i used to be able to enter "advanced mode" and simply uncheck "erase all before program" how can i replicate that functionality with IPE v5.10?

-Alexander

3 Replies Related Threads

ric
    • Total Posts : 24282
    Re: IPE v5.10 Does not provide the option to disable "erase all before programming" 2019/10/22 13:58:27 (permalink)
    Are you sure it's the IPE that is different, and not the PIC device you are working with?
    Some may simply not support partial programming.
    Do you have code protection on? That will prevent any PIC from being partially modified.

I also post at: PicForum
    Links to useful PIC information: http://picforum.ric323.co...opic.php?f=59&t=15
    NEW USERS: Posting images, links and code - workaround for restrictions.
    To get a useful answer, always state which PIC you are using!
    NorthGuy
    • Total Posts : 5754
    Re: IPE v5.10 Does not provide the option to disable "erase all before programming" 2019/10/22 14:01:30 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    You can always combine HEX files and program all at once. It's much faster for most PICs than partial programming.
    adown
    New Users
    • Total Posts : 48
    Re: IPE v5.10 Does not provide the option to disable "erase all before programming" 2019/10/22 16:20:18 (permalink)
    ric
    Are you sure it's the IPE that is different, and not the PIC device you are working with?
    Some may simply not support partial programming.
    Do you have code protection on? That will prevent any PIC from being partially modified.

I'm pretty certain its an IPE limitation as if i uncheck "erase before program" in the MPLAB project options and program that way, through the IDE, i get the result i'm looking for.  I'm working with a PIC32MZ2048EFH144,  it supports the typical flash page erase function if the datasheet is to be believed.

-Alexander
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5