• AVR Freaks

Harmony 3, How to create a composite device? (hid + cdc for starter)

Author
JPortici
  • Total Posts : 726
  • Reward points : 0
2019/09/11 09:14:49 (permalink)

Harmony 3, How to create a composite device? (hid + cdc for starter)

Hi,
I'm dabbling with harmony 3 and USB, i would like to create a composite device, with an HID endpoint for general data transfer and a CDC endpoint to emulate a serial terminal for logging

I thought it would be "as simple as" combining the hid and the cdc examples (add both devices in MHC and running two separate state machines, one for HID and one for CDC) but it seems it's different than that.
If i run the HID state machine only, the HID part works.
If i run both or only the CDC state machine the device is not recognized correctly by windows (should i also change the PID? I've started with the hid example and kept the same PID)
I understand i'm not giving much details on implementation because harmony is... difficult.

Anyway, I tried looking at the CDC+MSD example but franky i don't understand how it works. It says that the hole MSD part is handled by the filesystem driver.. the USB part of it, too? there must be something i'm missing.

Well next week i'll be at masters berlin and will attend the usb/harmony classes so i'll definetly ask and report back..

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5