Hot!RN4678 SPP COnnection from Raspbian or Ubuntu

Author
tuzumkuru
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
2019/09/06 02:13:34 (permalink)

RN4678 SPP COnnection from Raspbian or Ubuntu

Hello everyone,

While designing a new Bluetooth communication board, I've used RN4678 instead of RN42 since it is said that "Not Recommended for new designs".

I have my board now and it is working as expected when I connect it from a Serial Port Software through Windows 10. I can send and receive data as expected. 

The problem starts when I want to use Raspberry Pi or Ubuntu. When I try to connect to the module by first creating an spp using rfcomm and then connecting to serial port with minicom I can not achieve succesfull connection. I was successfully using this method using RN42.

When I create a connection using "sudo rfcomm connect hci0 *MACIDofRN4678*" command, rfcomm connects succesfully but, my module messages these immediately: %CONNECT,*MACIDofUSBBT*%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%DISCONN%

When I connect to rfcomm0 with minicom using "sudo minicom -D /dev/rfcomm0" command it says it is connected but my RN4678 sends messages as: 
%CONNECT,*MACIDofUSBBT*%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%DISCONN%%CONNECT,*MACIDofUSBBT*%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%
RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%DISCONN%%CONNECT,*MACIDofUSBBT*%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLO
SE%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%DISCONN%%CONNECT,*MACIDofUSBBT*%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM
_CLOSE%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%DISCONN%%CONNECT,*MACIDofUSBBT*%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RF
COMM_CLOSE%%DISCONN%%CONNECT,*MACIDofUSBBT*%%RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE% %RFCOMM_OPEN%%RFCOMM_CLOSE%%DISCONN% 
continuously.

I tried changing many settings of the module but couldn't find a solution.

I would be glad for any help.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5