Can not debug project
I came back to a legacy project that was set aside for a few months. No changes were in the project made since that point in time. The project was working fine at that point in time. When I ran the debugger it would indicate Target Halted, although no debug set point was indicated. After several seconds the message "A communication error with the debug tool has occurred. The tool will attempt to recover momentarily." appears. This problem was not there the last time this project was run and no changes were made to the project. Note that this is a legacy project running under the C32 compiler. Diagnostics performed include:
* Changed to a different PICkit4 debug tool.
* Tried debugging with a similar legacy project - all worked fine - so this seems not to be a hardware issue.
* Took project to a different computer, uC hardware and debugger - same results
* Checked configuration bits - all settings the same as similar legacy project
* Tried to rebuild the project, but apparently MPLAB X IDE will not allow selection of the C32 compiler for PIC32 uC.
I looked in the forums and found nothing on this issue. Could really use some help here.