• AVR Freaks

Hot!MPLAB X v5.20 or v5.25 never finishes the installation?

Author
RodoPIC
  • Total Posts : 180
  • Reward points : 0
2019/08/16 11:30:01 (permalink)

MPLAB X v5.20 or v5.25 never finishes the installation?

Hi all,
I'm having problems installing the newest version of MPLAB X v5.25. It never finishes. It gets stuck at the end installing the communications library. It looks like the install folder "v5.25" (default install for Windows 7 pro 64-bit) gets most files but the uninstall has a size of zero. I can cancel the install with no problem. There are no icons on the desktop for MPLAB X IDE but there is one in the start menu under microchip. If I click on it I get "Cannot find java 1.7 or higher" error. I can type java in the start menu and click on "about Java" and it shows Java version 8 update 221 (Build 1.8.0_221-b11) but I don't know if it is what MPLAB X needs.

I had v5.15 before and worked fine. I've never had a problem upgrading... I take the old one out and install the new one. I don't have any active projects right now so I have time to deal with this. The reason I'm upgrading to the latest is to install Harmony 3.4. I figure I should have the latest. That didn't go well :-). I also tried v5.20 and it also gets stuck.

I've erased the Persistence folder and microchip install folder after I removed mplabx, xc8, xc16 and xc32 and did a cold reboot but after that MPLAB X still gets stuck and does not finish the install. I'm out of ideas. Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks

2 Replies Related Threads

_dex
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 72
    Re: MPLAB X v5.20 or v5.25 never finishes the installation? 2019/08/17 07:20:24 (permalink)
    Do not you use a network mapped drive? When I installed Harmony 3 pack on a network drive from some reason the Asus router has blocked permission writes on Samba network disk. They have some NTFS issuse. So finally on a laptop the Harmony was completed and on mapped drive 10% files were missing.
    RodoPIC
    • Total Posts : 180
    Re: MPLAB X v5.20 or v5.25 never finishes the installation? 2019/08/17 10:34:04 (permalink)
    It is not a network drive. It is my local laptop drive. I changed the destination folder from the default "...\5.25" to "...\5.24" and installed the basic MPLAB X and 8-bit MCUs and that worked. Since I couldn't erase "...\5.24" again without restarting the laptop (did that too many times trying and I was tired of it) I installed MPLAB X, 8,16 and 32-bit MCUs in "...\5.23" and it worked without a problem. So I have MPLABX v5.25 installed in folder "...\5.23". After that I installed xc8, xc16 and xc32 compilers. I'll install harmony 3.4 on Monday. Weird how the folder name made the difference. Thanks.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5