• AVR Freaks

Hot!Makefile Error Matlab2019a

Author
dillydilly
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 0
2019/08/08 12:23:04 (permalink)

Makefile Error Matlab2019a

I'm getting an error when building in 2019a but if I use 2017b everything builds fine.  I have a coworker with a similar problem.  I've been using 2017b to get around it temporarily but I should probably get this fixed instead of sidestepping.

Relevant error:  ### Make will not be invoked - template makefile is for a different host

Thanks for your time.

PowerBrickModel
 Build
5 14 1
Clear
02:15 PM Elapsed: 56 sec

Microchip Model Check before compilation

Output port 1 of 'PowerBrickModel/Data Type Conversion' is not connected. [2 similar]

Component:Simulink | Category:Block warning

Input port 1 of 'PowerBrickModel/Switch' is not connected. [3 similar]

Parameter precision loss occurred for 'Threshold' of 'PowerBrickModel/Switch'. The parameter's value cannot be represented exactly using the run-time data type. A small quantization error has occurred. To disable this warning or error, in the Configuration Parameters > Diagnostics > Data Validity pane, set the 'Detect precision loss' option in the Parameters group to 'none'.

Suppress

### Generating code and artifacts to 'Model specific' folder structure

Code Generation
2 8
Elapsed: 20 sec

### Generating code into build folder: C:\Users\DSparks\Desktop\Software_Projects\PowerBrickSimulink\PowerBrickModel.X

Output port 1 of 'PowerBrickModel/Data Type Conversion' is not connected. [2 similar]

Input port 1 of 'PowerBrickModel/Switch' is not connected. [3 similar]

Parameter precision loss occurred for 'Threshold' of 'PowerBrickModel/Switch'. The parameter's value cannot be represented exactly using the run-time data type. A small quantization error has occurred. To disable this warning or error, in the Configuration Parameters > Diagnostics > Data Validity pane, set the 'Detect precision loss' option in the Parameters group to 'none'.

Suppress

### Invoking Target Language Compiler on PowerBrickModel.rtw ### Using System Target File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MatlabTools\blocks\MCHP_dsPIC_stf.tlc ### Loading TLC function libraries ### Initial pass through model to cache user defined code . ### Caching model source code ### Writing main ### Writing MCHP_modelInclude.h --- Single Tasking implementation --- ### Writing header file PowerBrickModel_types.h ### Writing source file PowerBrickModel.c ### Writing header file PowerBrickModel_private.h ### Writing header file PowerBrickModel.h ### Writing header file rtwtypes.h ### Writing header file rtmodel.h . ### Writing source file PowerBrickModel_main.c ### TLC code generation complete. ### Generating TLC interface API. .### Creating HTML report file PowerBrickModel_codegen_rpt.html

Found legacy make variables |>START_MDLREFINC_EXPAND_INCLUDES<|, |>END_MDLREFINC_EXPAND_INCLUDES<|, |>MODELREF_INC_PATH<| in the template makefile C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\MatlabTools\mchp\MCHP_dsPIC.tmf. The variables are no longer required. You can remove the variables. [2 similar]

Component:Simulink | Category:Model warning

### Build procedure for model: 'PowerBrickModel' aborted due to an error. Cannot propose to program chip from Matlab: Either file PowerBrickModel.elf does not exist or MPLAB X API is not available on this system. * Visit the Microchip Blockset Forum for any questions, issues, share tricks. * Visit the Microchip Wiki for further informations and examples. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * MPLAB X project: PowerBrickModel.X then select the project folder ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ***** Error detected. Links above are provided for debug purpose only (.elf file might not be current).

### Make will not be invoked - template makefile is for a different host

Component:Simulink | Category:Block diagram error

3 Replies Related Threads

Lubin
    • Total Posts : 373
    • Reward points : 5
    Re: Makefile Error Matlab2019a 2019/08/08 20:28:00 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    Hi,

The blockset V3.44 and previous released before Matlab R2019a have known a compatibilty issue with this newer Matlab release.

A patch was released for the v3.44 blocks to fix this issue.
    The latest blockset release v3.45 is fully working from R2010a to R2019a.

Could you check if you are using the current release v3.45 which is now available as hardware support package  (With Matlab in Home top ribbon: Add On => Hardware support package)

dillydilly
    Re: Makefile Error Matlab2019a 2019/08/09 06:52:55 (permalink)
    So I downloaded the latest blockset per the instruction in the the first post and ran the patch but going to the hardware support package page in Matlab took me to your GIT page and I definitely had not installed this package.  Now I see all the examples that everyone is using!  Thank you so much for setting me straight, I will send the update over to my coworker who was having the same issue.
    dillydilly
    Re: Makefile Error Matlab2019a 2019/08/09 07:12:23 (permalink)
    That fixed the issue at hand and also fixed an issue where the dsPIC would not operate if the PICkit was plugged in.  It would program and do nothing until I unplugged then it would run fine.  As soon as the PICkit was plugged in, everything froze, UART/Digital I/O / Analog inputs, everything.  Now seems to be running great!

Well, except that my terminal is showing the wrong UART characters while my coworker's shows it working fine.  Must be a USB driver issue of some sort since we are using the same hardware and software from the USB port out.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5