• AVR Freaks

Hot!How do I maintain the source code window layout when I close a project?

Author
helium4amc
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
2019/07/31 02:59:14 (permalink)

How do I maintain the source code window layout when I close a project?

Hi, I am using MPLAB X IDE version 5.10 (but the same issue/question exists with every other version I have used). I typically split the source window in half as shown below and keep my header files on the right and my source files on the left, for ease of editing. if ind this works well for me as I can get at everything I need quickly.
     [IMAGE DELETED AS IT WON'T LET ME POST OTHERWISE - MPLAB X Dual Source Windows.png BELOW]
Every time I close and re-open a project, however, MPLAB removes the second source window and just shoves them all back into one window:
     [IMAGE DELETED AS IT WON'T LET ME POST OTHERWISE - MPLAB X Source Windows magically reverted to 1.png BELOW]
This is irritating, especially if i have a lot of headers open, as I then have to painstakingly drag them all back into the second window.

Is there a way of getting MPLAB to remember this layout? I have noticed in one of the project XML files that it stores which files are open, the order of the tabs and where I am in each file, but shouldn't it also contain which window/section the file is in?

I have looked at the release notes for both 5.15 and 5.20 and neither mention anything like this, so I don't believe updating will help.

Thanks

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

2 Replies Related Threads

helium4amc
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: How do I maintain the source code window layout when I close a project? 2019/08/20 03:38:15 (permalink)
    Bump, surely I can't be the only one who ever wants to do this?
    Gort2015
    Klaatu Barada Nikto
    • Total Posts : 3233
    Re: How do I maintain the source code window layout when I close a project? 2019/08/20 04:22:58 (permalink)
    "Save" is disabled in your config but I remember that I had to tick a box in tools to activate it.

Seems quite a rare bug, I haven't seen that.

Try: Window -> Window Reset Window then enable color style tabs, that may cause config to be updated.
    Also clear the User and Cache Dirs.

Some-one will know.

MPLab X playing up, bug in your code? Nevermind, Star Trek:Discovery will be with us soon.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu1qa8N2ID0
    + ST:Continues, "What Ships are Made for", Q's back.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5