• AVR Freaks

Upgrade AS6 QTouch project to AS7 produced 100's of build errors...

Author
funbotix
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
2019/07/12 09:48:37 (permalink)

Upgrade AS6 QTouch project to AS7 produced 100's of build errors...

My apologies in advance if this topic is already somewhere in this forum, or belongs elsewhere.  I did search for a variety of search terms and couldn't find a relevant post.

I did an AS6 project several years ago, because, at the time, QTouch was the only solution I could find to put 5 tiny round cap switch buttons in a row in a very small space.  That's my one and only experience with SAMD20 parts and Atmel Studio (I've used other tools for decades for other embedded projects).  After experiencing some field failures (bricked systems) I was told the root cause was a bug in AS6 associated with not setting up some fuse bits properly that resulted in a power up problem associated with brownouts (that caused the bricking), and that the solution was to upgrade to AS7.  I did that, and those issues went away.  However, I was no longer able to build my project.  I just loaded my code into the parts using AS7.  Years passed, and now I must touch that code again.  Unfortunately, I'm now back to the problem of 100's of build errors on code that built with zero errors or warnings with AS6.  Unfortunately, after upgrading to AS7 I no longer have AS6.

I have two broken build scenarios.  One is if I open my archived project and elect to upgrade the project, and the other is if I don't elect to upgrade it.  Either way, they both produce 100's of build errors, but the errors are different.  I'm thinking the best route forward is to go the upgrade the project path.

So, after upgrading the project, the errors I get indicate that there are issues with Atmel generated (i.e., system, device, module, etc.) include files and missing definitions.  For example, I/O pin definitions, like PA14, for example, are undefined.

So... my question is... is there some document somewhere that explains what one must do to successfully upgrade an AS6 project to an AS7 project so it'll successfully build again?  I really want to be able to rebuild my archived code as-is, if possible, using AS7, before I start changing it.

Thanks.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5