• AVR Freaks

Hot!Editor parser shows errors following successful build

Author
Sentinel
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
2019/06/17 19:42:08 (permalink)

Editor parser shows errors following successful build

I'm new to MPLAB and creating my first project. The project compiles successfully, but the editor shows a number of errors associated with symbols defined in header files (from the standard library) that it says it can't find. I tried re-parsing but there was no change. There appears to be a disconnect between the editor and compiler parsers. What am I missing?

3 Replies Related Threads

ric
    • Total Posts : 22640
    Re: Editor parser shows errors following successful build 2019/06/18 13:38:21 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    This is a long standing bug that has been in MPLABX since it was released.
    Search this forum for "red squiggles" to see some of the other discussion.

I also post at: PicForum
    Links to useful PIC information: http://picforum.ric323.co...opic.php?f=59&t=15
    NEW USERS: Posting images, links and code - workaround for restrictions.
    To get a useful answer, always state which PIC you are using!
    moser
    • Total Posts : 481
    Re: Editor parser shows errors following successful build 2019/06/19 01:23:50 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Editor parser and compiler parser are in fact two different things.

If a reparse (project tab > right click on your project name > Code Assistance > Reparse Project) did not help, the next step would be to clear the user cache. Open "Help > About" and check the path at "Cache directory". In Windows it should be something like:
    C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\mplab_ide\Cache\dev\MPLAB_VERSION_NUMBER\var
    (usually corresponding to %localappdata%\mplab_ide\Cache\dev )
    First close MPLAB X and wait until it is fully closed. Then delete the complete var folder. After that restart MPLAB X and wait until the parser has done its job.

If it still does not go away, then the next step would probably be to check all the file and path settings in all of the project properties and also check if the compiler was added correctly to MPLAB X.

This only helps for some time, and often after a few days or hours the red lines reappear. 

However, there are a few rare reports, where people did all of this, and it still did not help. But it is worth to search the forum for some other suggestions what could be wrong.
    Yura_Plus
    • Total Posts : 77
    Re: Editor parser shows errors following successful build 2019/07/03 23:06:55 (permalink)
    For me works the folowing procedure after starting up MPLAB X 5.20 and loading project:
    1. open and then close Project Properties window (maybe for IDE to sniff on the tools you are using)
    2. reparse (project tab > right click on your project name > Code Assistance > Reparse Project)
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5