• AVR Freaks

Hot!PIC32MX Ethernet Controller Pattern Matching bug?

Author
krbvroc1
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 31
  • Reward points : 0
2019/06/07 09:23:25 (permalink)

PIC32MX Ethernet Controller Pattern Matching bug?

I am trying to filter broadcast traffic using the PIC32 Ethernet Controller Pattern Matching feature. The problem I have run into is that I need to change the Pattern Matching occasionally at run-time. The first time I set it up, it works fine. However, when I change the Pattern Match Checksum register (ETHPMCS) to a different value, it does not work.

For example, on the first setup after processor boot, I write 0xd4db to the checksum register. I read back the checksum register and it reports the correct 0xd4db value. When I then set the checksum register to 0xd4dd, when I read the checksum register back, it reports 0xd4df. I am unsure if this is a silicon bug or something else. I have disabled the Ethernet RX (and disabled Pattern Match mode) as described in the datasheet.

1 Reply Related Threads

krbvroc1
    Starting Member
    • Total Posts : 31
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: PIC32MX Ethernet Controller Pattern Matching bug? 2019/11/13 18:16:22 (permalink)
    5 (2)
    How does one get Microchip to fix their bugs?

It was embarrassing how useless the back and forth on a trouble ticket was...the person had very little reading comprehension and it took months.

In this case it is a Harmony bug...Whomever wrote the Harmony PLIB wrappers mistakenly used the 'SET' versions of the registers so they are ORing rather than setting the bits! That is why it works after boot but not subsequently.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5