• AVR Freaks

Hot!Not able print data in teraterm when adding linker scripts to the application

Author
kblb@0910
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
2019/05/18 01:09:03 (permalink)

Not able print data in teraterm when adding linker scripts to the application

I am new to MPLAB and PIC32 controllers.
I am using MPLAB X V5.15, PIC32MZ2048EFH064 controller, X_32 v2.15, harmony configurator v2.06.
I am generating a USART application along with the app linker scripts and I am trying to print some data on the serial terminal but it is not happening.
When I am removing the app linker scripts I am getting the data on the serial terminal.
I am sharing the images what are the options I used to generate the code.

Attached Image(s)

5 Replies Related Threads

qhb
    Superb Member
    • Total Posts : 9998
    Re: Not able print data in teraterm when adding linker scripts to the application 2019/05/18 01:12:37 (permalink)
    Are you intending to build a bootloader?

Nearly there...
    kblb@0910
    • Total Posts : 11
    Re: Not able print data in teraterm when adding linker scripts to the application 2019/05/18 02:39:12 (permalink)
    No, I am trying to add linker script (app_mz.ld) for the normal application.
    qhb
    Superb Member
    • Total Posts : 9998
    Re: Not able print data in teraterm when adding linker scripts to the application 2019/05/18 03:01:58 (permalink)
    5 (1)
    Which begs the question, WHY are you trying to add a inker script?
    The option you are playing with seems to be intended for a bootloader.

Nearly there...
    XorLor
    • Total Posts : 20
    Re: Not able print data in teraterm when adding linker scripts to the application 2019/05/18 16:20:43 (permalink)
    Are you using a bootloader to load your application or a programmer (Pickit3, etc)? When you select the "Build an Application Linker Script?" in Harmony, you should use a bootloader to load the hex file.
    Paul PortSol
    • Total Posts : 471
    Re: Not able print data in teraterm when adding linker scripts to the application 2019/05/21 05:49:26 (permalink)
    Harmony handles the linker scripts, you'll have to drop your pre-harmony style of trying to control everything.

Only much later when deep into bootloaders and such should you even consider messing with the linker scripts used by Harmony.

Harmony has a folder of default linker scripts for all the PIC32's it supports, leave them alone for now (If you have to mess with them then copy them to your appropriate project location and add to your project, then the system will use your copy - read other posts about that. Don't mess with the scripts in the original harmony folders).

Harmony will copy the script and display in project only if you are messing with bootloaders - you'll need to read a lot of posts on here to mess with those.

It can be worthwhile to set many harmony folders as "Read Only" to prevent falsely modifying shared files. When you create a project some files are copied into project where they can be safely modified, but others are just pointed to and shouldn't be modified as it would corrupt other things including demo projects, MHC, libraries, etc.

I keep a dummy file named "____Do__Harmony__SetReadonly=framework,bsp,third_party,bin(libs).txt"
    in the folder "*:\microchip\harmony" as a reminder for each time I upgrade harmony.

Paul

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5