• AVR Freaks

Hv3 Bug(s) - USB cdc_com_port_dual for PIC32MZ

Author
BillP
  • Total Posts : 311
  • Reward points : 0
2019/05/14 16:17:41 (permalink)

Hv3 Bug(s) - USB cdc_com_port_dual for PIC32MZ

Actually, this is more than a bug -- the "feature" does not work!

The PIC32MZ dual com_port demo app runs on Hv2.06.  I should have suspected something because there is no dual com_port demo on Hv3. However, the usb and cdc config screens allow 2 instances of the cdc driver (needed for the dual com port option).  After choosing the same config options as were used in Hv2, the generated code had a compile error because one of the arrays was too small.  Obviously no one has run this before.  

After I fixed the obvious compile error, the downloaded program did not run properly (i.e neither com port appeared on the PC). I did some file compares between Hv2.06, Hv3-SAM, and Hv3-PIC32 and discovered an annoying number of differences.  Eventually I narrowed the changes to 2 files - configuration.h and usb_device_init_data.c.  I hacked a solution that works, but it was not pretty.

Rather than post my changes and add to the confusion, I suggest that Microchip fix Hv3/USB_CDC and provide a working dual com port demo for the PIC32MZ.  Meanwhile, if anyone needs this feature, send me a PM and I can send my changed files (with no guarantees).

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5