Author
darren
Starting Member
  • Total Posts : 39
  • Reward points : 0
2019/04/26 02:09:17 (permalink)

Graphics hardware tools

Hi,

I'm currently working on a new project which needs a QVGA graphical display with touch screen. My application would be simple, just some menu navigation, status checks and text (no videos or compression). I searched Microchip website for solutions and I found a lot of information and software tool. When it came to development boards, I noted that nearly all the development boards which the documentation is based on is no longer manufactured. The only development board I could find is the MultiMedia Expension Board II (DM320005-5) which is a huge overkill to what I actually need. 

For my project, I wanted to use the Low-Cost Controllerless (LLC) library and the development boards on which the documentation is base (PICtail Plus Daughter Board ACC164144 and graphic display Truly 3.2” QVGA AC164127-4) but as said, these are marked as no longer available for sale. 

What development boards are available for graphics development? Is the DM320005-5 the only one currently available?

Note: Sorry if this is not the correct proper section but I couldn't find a dedicated section for Graphics Development Tools.

Thanks
post edited by darren - 2019/04/26 06:07:56

1 Reply Related Threads

MikeinAZ
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 309
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: Graphics hardware tools 2019/04/29 13:40:47 (permalink)
    Hello,

You are correct that the older Pictail boards with QVGA are no longer supported in our MPLAB Harmony development.  It is still possible for you to put your own platform together, and there are a number of kits out there provided by third party providers if you are interested in.  
    In this class, you are correct that the MEB 2 is one of those systems that will provide you with this capability.  It must be mated with a starter kit, and it does come with a display.
    Another approach is for you to use some of our latest boards for Cortex devices.  You can mate a SAM E70 Xplained Ultra board with a display (we have WQVGA available).  This has a number of applications already working in LCC in Harmony 3.
    More boards in this class and smaller devices are in the works, and should be available later this quarter or next.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5