• AVR Freaks

Hot!PICCININO UNO (PIC DEV. ARDUINO LIKE BOARD)

Author
Eng. Daniel D. Albino
Engineer
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
2019/04/20 21:04:45 (permalink)
5 (1)

PICCININO UNO (PIC DEV. ARDUINO LIKE BOARD)

Hello guys, Eng. Daniel Donaire Albino here.
I'm here introducing to you the microchip PIC micro controller development platform compatible with the 28-pin 16F & 18F PICs.
Based on the concept of electronic and code hardware open to the most diverse applications.
The idea is to spread applications using a low cost interface with PIC mcu employing the MCC GUI with bootloader, as in Arduino.
The platform is mechanically compatible with all casings and shields for arduino precisely to ensure applicability.
Adding some functionality to the basic hardware like rgb LED (Like on Curiosity boards), buffered DAC output, below is the PIC-C-IN-arduino -> PICCININO UNO R1.1

There is the possibility of mounting SOIC-28 and PDIP-28, I am mounting with the PIC18F25K22.

Board. & Schematic. attached.
Bootloader recommended - TinyBootloader from Claudiu chiculita (Thank you very much, all credits to you).

All contributions, tips and suggestions are welcome!
Thanks for listening!
post edited by Eng. Daniel D. Albino - 2019/04/20 21:06:25

Attached Image(s)

2 Replies Related Threads

Mysil
    • Total Posts : 3325
    Re: PICCININO UNO (PIC DEV. ARDUINO LIKE BOARD) 2019/04/21 08:37:59 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Hi,
    Look like a reasonable exercise in hardware design following the Arduino open hardware format.

I have some small PICkit boards with PIC18F46K22 and some unmounted devices,
    so could make use of a board like that.
    I would however primarily use such a board with PICkit 3 and MPLAB X,
    using the UART to USB adapter for serial communication only,
    so make sure there is a link or jumper to disable the Reset signal.

Also, Microchip boards usually have a resistor between Reset button CH1 and PIC18 pin1 MCLR,
    value between 470 Ohm and 1 kOhm. This is reduce eventual bouncing and undershoot,
    and for signal isolation in case manual reset button is pushed while programmer is connected or active.

Unfortunately .png image capture of the diagram do not have resolution to clearly show all details.
    Is there a possibility in the drawing software used, to export a .pdf file or other format that may be zoomed or magnified?

I would also prefer the possibility to have a 32.768 kHz crystal for low power timekeeping,
    will there be a footprint for this?

Why the big USB-B socket? More common currently is micro USB socket?

There is a lot of competition:
    I am currently using a Wi-Fire board from Digilent. It is the other end of the scale with a PIC32MZ,
    MRF24 radio, microSD-card, and 2 extra USB connectors, in addition to power and stuff.
    It is on a board not much larger than the board you are designing.

Mysil
    Eng. Daniel D. Albino
    Engineer
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: PICCININO UNO (PIC DEV. ARDUINO LIKE BOARD) 2019/04/22 18:52:47 (permalink)

Hi, Mysil, Thanks for the considerations! Revision 1.1b updated in the schematic annex. Added resistor in series with pin 1 - MCLR as advised.
    In my developments I also prefer debugging with PICKIT3 or REAL ICE ... but I am preparing a material for dissemination using the same concept of Arduino applying a PIC for hobbyists, interested in another area that is not specialty to operate with the hardware.
    So the application of a bootloader is more "on hand" than having to buy the debugging tool.

With respect to the 32khz crystal can be implemented in a version 2.0. for sure!

The usb connection is provided micro-usb and type B connector. I set type B by cost of the connector. (Strange, but bigger is cheaper).

In Brazil, there is an educational / institutional / industrial demand that lacks tools with low-cost PIC and easy to apply quickly.

Daniel.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5