• AVR Freaks

Hot!PIC-Iot WG MCC Project Resources "Internet of Things" missing

Author
oscarcahill
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
2019/04/17 22:09:45 (permalink)

PIC-Iot WG MCC Project Resources "Internet of Things" missing

I'm not a newbie! For fun I bought a PIC_Iot MG board. When I try to create my own project, MCC does not show "Internet Of Things" under the Project Resources. It does show the Micro-E Clicks. I have the latest MCC and MPLab5.15 and as far as I know all plugins.... but obviously something is missing. 

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts! And the PIC-IoT-WG-User-Guide-50002856A.pdf is of no help!
Cheers,
Oscar

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

oscarcahill
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Reward points : 0
    Re: PIC-Iot WG MCC Project Resources "Internet of Things" missing 2019/04/30 18:11:44 (permalink)
    OK. I've found the issue. Buried somewhere in a release note, there is a note that you have to install the MCHP-IoT Sensor Node Application Library. No problem but don't skim over the installation process. Once you download the mc3lib file , install it by using Tools/Options/Plugins etc. Do NOT use Tools/Plugins. Frankly it's poor that it's under Tools/Options because Options contain such things as screen layout, editor settings, fonts, colours etc. C'mon Microchip, why hide library plugin installations in there! 

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 4.5