MPLAB X IDE + remote USB + dsPIC33EV kit failure
I have tried to setup the remote USB plugin with the IDE to work on the dsPIC33EV starter kit (with onboard PICKit), and I could not make it work.
I have 2 PC linux and windows and I tried the following things:
- kit plugged with USB on PC1
- MPLABRemoteUSBServer started on PC1
- on PC2 setup plugin with new connection
- on PC2 trying to program/debug the board: the whole GUI freeze for several minutes and print:
"The service provider "MPLABComm-USBRemote(10.214.220.180-31000)" is taking too long to respond. Please make sure that the server is up and running or disable scanning of the server"
- even with other operations like opening project options, same freezes
- even after disabling and uninstalling the plugin, I get the same freezes. I actually have to uninstall everything, delete all folders (installation/demo/local settings) to get a working IDE again.
- PC1/PC2 can be linux or windows, I get exactly the same behavior. Even with the server on the same PC than the IDE.
- IDE programing/debuggin fine on both OS when connecting directly with USB
- when the server is started, I can easily start a telnet from other PC and connect to the server: there is no network problems
Also: Is the network protocol used by the server and the plugin exposed somewhere? Are the sources of one or the other available?
I need an API to directly debug my board, and I saw there is an "MDB" exemple which could be useful, however I would prefer a server to avoid using java.